i love beans.
this was a very handy preference during my first two years of grad school when i lived on my own on a very very very limited budget due to having to pay of some credit cards that got the best of me during undergrad. but that’s another story for another day.
back to the beans.
i started throwing this little concoction together several times a month to pack in my lunches. it didn’t take me long to perfect it to suit my tastes and then i didn’t mess with it.
i made it again last week.
and thankfully it was just as delicious and flavorful as i remembered.
why did i stop making it regularly?!
hmm. no clue. but i can tell you this – i’ll be making it again soon!
three bean salad
- 7 oz roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 cups cooked great northern beans*
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans*
- 2 cups cooked black beans*
- 2 cups sweet corn*
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 small can diced green chiles (optional)
*or one 15 oz. can, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- mix all ingredients in large bowl
- mix dressing in small bowl
- toss dressing into salad
- refrigerate for 24 hours before serving for best flavor
easy peasy and so delicious!
this is a perfect cold dish to bring to a potluck – i’m bringing it to my department holiday lunch on thursday!