happy friday, friends! today is a very special day…i have a recipe for you!
do you remember when i went to orlando in october?
and how brad was so sweet and made a delicious dinner for me that was waiting when i got home?
and how he was a little confused by the spaghetti squash and cut it into chunks before cooking it? but it was still delicious?
well it’s ok if you don’t remember.
all you need to know is that i re-created it for you.
this is my new favorite easy side dish! it takes a bit of time, but that’s just when the squash is roasting – it’s not active cooking time.
roasted garlic and parmesan spaghetti squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp oil (i used olive oil)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- preheat oven to 375*
- cut squash in half the long way and scoop out seeds and guts (you should have two oval boats when you’re done)
- rub the inside of the squash with ~1 tbsp oil
- place hollow side down in a baking dish with ~1/2 inch of wate
- roast for 30 minutes or until squash easily scoops out
- remove spaghetti “noodles” by scraping the inside of the squash with a fork
- mix noodles, garlic, 1 tbsp oil, and parmesan cheese and put in another baking dish (i used a glass 9”x9” baking dish)
- bake for another 10 minutes to cook the garlic and melt the cheese
- stir and enjoy!
if you don’t love garlic, i would suggest cutting it down to 2 or 3 cloves – this is very garlic-y! just the way we like it.
this was a perfect side dish and i ate it with most of the meals i ate last week. that wasn’t enough for me though; i’m already thinking about making it again.
are you a garlic lover?
brad and i always check to make sure the other is also eating some when we have something potent like garlic and onions! that way it’s fair and one of us isn’t torturing the other with our garlic breath all night.