things are definitely all sunshine and rainbows in my world today!
i love vacation and family time, so this quick holiday break is feeling pretty wonderful to me. 🙂
this morning i’m going a turkey trot with my mom! the one that we’re doing has a 5-mile run or a 2-mile walk option. we’re doing the walk and bringing the puppies to get some of their energy out early in the day!
i know it’s probably being covered all over blog-land today, but i of course want to reflect on what i am thankful for today. and what is wrong with everyone giving thanks on the same day?!? we should do it more often!
so, today i am thankful for…
- my wonderful husband – sunday will be our 3-month wedding anniversary! in some ways it feels like the wedding was just yesterday, and other times it feels like it was so long ago!
- my mom. she’s just wonderful & i love spending time with her. ❤
- my sister. i’m definitely missing her this year. she will be home for christmas, but wasn’t able to make it for thanksgiving.
- my extended family. i am so thankful to have such a big and close family! my mom is one of 7 children and i’ve got 12 first cousins (plus me & liz = 14 grandchildren). many of my cousins are married and some of them have kids now too. it’s always a huge gathering at my grandma’s for holidays and i love it!
- my little family. i know i mentioned brad already, but i also love my three boys all together. i feel so lucky. brad and i definitely want to have kids at some point, but not quite yet. i’m thinking that’ll be in the 2-5 years in the future range. i’m very happy with our two fur-babies right now!
- our health. it’s something that is often taken for granted, but i know how lucky we are to be healthy and that our family members are healthy too.
- my friends! i have been lucky enough to find a group of close friends at each major stage of my life! my middle school/high school friends are still close and i love seeing them when i go home! my college friends are amazing. they all live far away, but i was so lucky to be able to see them twice this year for my bachelorette weekend and our wedding! and now i’ve found some wonderful friends here in madison. i feel very lucky!
- all of my readers! blogging has become one of my favorite parts of my day over the past year and i am so thankful for every comment and email i receive from readers.
- the fact that we have a warm home and plenty of food to eat. we are very lucky to have all of our basic needs met and then some. it’s so easy to want want want more things, but we’ve definitely got all that we need.
today, i am definitely going to soak up every minute of family time, enjoy every bite of delicious thanksgiving food, and remember to be thankful for all of my blessings!
no questions today – just remember to take a pause today and be thankful!