first of all, how is today the first day of september?!?
it doesn’t seem possible…
august flew by!
no, summer flew by.
this summer i…
- went to chicago for a girls’ bachelorette weekend with my college friends
- brad and i hosted my sister at our apartment for the summer
- hosted a really fun potluck with my friends from my program
- was a bridesmaid in one of my best friend’s wedding!
- went camping with brad & capone for the first time
- executed my summer gardening intervention/phd thesis research project
- was given another lovely bridal shower from my mom and sister!
- celebrated my 3 year dating anniversary with brad
- attended (and had a blast at) the great taste of the midwest beer festival
*she and her husband have a photography business and take awesome photos. we’re so lucky that terry was able to snap some great photos from our wedding day in addition to the ones that our photographer took!
and oh so much more! it has been an amazing whirlwind of a summer and i can’t wait for the fun to continue! 🙂
in an effort to enjoy as much fun as possible and quite wasting 30 minutes every morning, i am declaring this month:
number 101 on my 101 in 1001 list is to go 30 days without hitting snooze on my alarm clock, and september is going to be that month!
my alarm clock is set for 5:30 am every day. yet, every single day i hit the snooze button for a good 30 minutes. but i hardly ever actually fall back asleep between my many snoozes. so, for september (and hopefully after then too), when that alarm goes off, my butt is getting out of bed whether i like it or not!
that’s an extra half hour every morning i’ll have to get ready, eat breakfast, blog, read blogs, or get into work early (so i can leave early!).
i like the sound of that!
today was day 1 and it was a success! 🙂 hooray! i cooked a huge batch of garabanzo beans yesterday. half of them went to a batch of horseradish hummus, but i think i might whip up some kalamatta olive or sun-dried tomato hummus with the rest this morning!
are you an alarm-snoozer?
want to join no-snooze september?
i’ll let you know how i’m doing as the month progresses…