one of the things that helps me feel normal, especially when i’m dealing with a lot of stress, is food. no, not comfort food or junk food. just normal, good for me, makes me feel good, food!
so, as i got ready to head back to lab full time yesterday, i packed up a bag of goodies to replenish my snack drawer.
i always bring breakfast and lunch to eat at lab, but more often than not, i need a little (usually 100-200 calories) snack at some point in the day, so i keep a snack drawer. i’m not sure where the willpower not to eat all of these delicious treats in one day comes from, but i am actually really good about not mindlessly snacking while i’m at work. i only grab a snack if i’m actually hungry.
so what’s in my snack drawer?
- pretzel nuggets
- sesame sticks (a new to me tj’s love!)
- tea (lemon, mango, green, detox – lots of choices!)
- chocolate covered espresso beans
- emergency chocolate
- fruit leathers
- individual sized granola (i’m almost out of my love though! 😦 )
- bars (soy joy, larabars, luna bars, bumble bars, & raw revolution bar)
- i also always bring an apple to have as a pre- or post- lunch snack.
i don’t think i’ll go hungry any time soon.
do you have a snack stash at work? what do you keep in it?
*i’m still looking for one or two guest post-ers for next weekend (11 days!!!). please let me know if you’re interested!