i have to confess something….. i’ve been holding out on you guys.
i made these baked fiesta egg rolls over a week ago and still haven’t let you in on their glory.
so, here’s what you need:
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (15 oz) can yellow corn (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 oz) can black bean (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and dried
- 1 (1 oz) package chicken taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 package (20-count) egg roll wrappers (i found these in the refrigerated produce section at my supermarket after searching all over the store – just fyi)
- olive oil cooking spray
and here’s what you do:
first, preheat the oven to 425*.
in a mixing bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients and mix well.
now prepare to assemble egg rolls.
lay egg roll wrapper on preparation surface (a cutting board in my case).
place 1/3 cup of filling in center of wrapper.
fold bottom corner of wrapper up over filling.
now fold left and right sides in like you’re wrapping a present.
and then dip finger in some water and wet the top corner of wrapper.
roll wrapper up and press down last corner to seal shut.
do the same thing 19 more times or until you use up your wrappers or filling (we had some filling left and used it as a salad topping later in the week – delicious!).
spray a baking sheet and arrange egg rolls on it. lightly spray the egg rolls with cooking spray. bake for 7 minutes, then flip rolls. bake for an additional 7 minutes or until browned.
there are so many options for serving!
- sour cream/greek yogurt
- salsa ranch (salsa + ranch mixed together)
- black bean yogurt dip (what? i haven’t given you that recipe yet?!? oops!)
- and so many more!
we rolled with salsa ranch, guacamole, and a side of strawberries!
and it was amazing.
i really liked these because they actually held up really well for lunch leftovers! i had them two days last week. you’ve got to love that!
sorry for holding out on you guys for so long. let me know if you try these!