1. some of you were pretty close, but no one guessed what our newest furniture project is…. a buffet!
we knew we’d need a buffet pretty much immediately on moving day – our dishes barely fit – where are we supposed to put all of the fiestaware and quesadilla makers/food processor/kitchenaid mixer/etc. that we’ll get as wedding gifts?! yeah, extra storage was necessary. 🙂
sadly, one of the doors was damaged in shipping, so it’s completely assembled minus that door. i don’t want to show it until it’s ready, so you’ll have to wait 4-9 days until we get that dang door!
2. i am beyond excited for memorial day weekend. seriously, i am fully intending to take advantage of 3 days without work (minus a study baseline measurement visit i have to do saturday morning).
potential activities on our schedule for the weekend (if it doesn’t storm/rain all weekend like the forecast is predicting).
- sailing on lake monona with friends from lab (our lab manager has a sailboat!)
- a bonfire at another lab members’ house
- hiking at devils lake
- trying out the disc golf course right near our apartment
- lots of puppy walks
obviously, all of these plans kind of require good weather….. i’m crossing my fingers!
3. our wedding invitations are “out for delivery” right now! ahhhhh. i’m so excited to see how they turned out & start addressing them!
i guess if it’s crappy weather we have a fallback activity, huh? sadly, addressing 150+ envelopes doesn’t sound as fun as all of our other options.