after such a great weekend at home with my mom & stepdad & their zoo of animals to snuggle with, i guess it’s kind of inevitable that i have a major case of the mondays today. i snoozed my alarm 4 times this morning (and usually i’m a 1 snooze kind of girl), and then a spent a little time on twitter while still in bed!
i dragged myself out of bed to see a dreary and very icy day. i almost fell twice on the ice while walking to the bus stop! so many signs that i should have just gone back to bed….
anyway, i thought i’d just quickly tell you why my weekend was so awesome!
- spent lots of time with my mom – i hadn’t seen her in a while and it was great to see her
- wine tasting for our wedding reception
- coffee + catch up chat with one of my best friends from home
- my car got new spark plugs! (it REALLY needed them)
- saturday dinner was fresh fish that my stepdad caught that morning! so good. 🙂
- lots of snuggling with the puppies and my sister’s cat
- soaking in the hot tub both nights and watching the stars
i really wish the weekend didn’t have to end! the only thing that would have made it better was if brad was there. this was our first weekend in 8 weeks that we haven’t seen each other. 😦 but there are only 4 days until i go back down to st. louis, so i guess i can be patient.
after my drive from he** and my recovery grilled cheese + the office, i spent a little time on my presentation (only a half hour -oops). i also threw together a smoothie for dinner. this was NOT my best smoothie. it was also pretty ugly. if i had taken any other photos for this post, this smoothie photo would NOT have made the cut.
it had half a banana, about 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree (i had just a tiny bit to use up so i threw it in), some frozen blueberries, spinach, almond milk, and flaxseed. really, that pumpkin was not a good flavor to toss in with the rest of my go-to smoothie. it just didn’t go. oh well, i threw some peanut butter on top and just went with it!
i have a couple fun topics to talk about this week – still working on some of the suggestions you guys gave me last week!